You have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, especially if you’ve visited Brooklyn. With all the spirited people, beautiful architecture, rich history and delicious food how could you be happy anywhere else?
Brooklynites know this to be true. Here are 33 reasons to be thankful for Brooklyn.
1. Brooklyn has the best food.
2. I mean have you had the cheesecake at Junior’s?
3. Or a classic egg cream?
4. Did somebody say cannoli?
5. And that’s not to mention the pizza.
6. The pizza in Brooklyn is so nice we have to mention it twice.
7. Brooklyn is gorgeous during fall.
8. And the cherry blossoms during spring will blow your mind.
9. Winter ain’t half bad either.
10. We have a certain attitude.
11. We celebrate 4th of July with a world famous hot dog eating contest.
12. We have famous roller coasters.
13. And ferris wheels.
14. Have you seen Jane’s Carousel?
15. Everyone is buried at Green-Wood Cemetery.
16. Brooklyn has the best views.
17. Like from Brooklyn Bridge Park.
18. And the best bridges.
19. The Verrazano Bridge is incredible.
20. And there’s the world famous Brooklyn Bridge.
21. And this classic shot of the Manhattan Bridge.
22. I mean look at this bridge!
23. It’s the borough of Saturday Night Fever.
24. And Moonstruck.
25. Welcome Back, Kotter was all Brooklyn.
26. Celebrities love Coney Island.
27. We have unique neighborhoods.
28. Cool people grew up here.
29. Then there’s the chocolate.
30. And more chocolate.
31. But don’t forget about Christmas.
32. The Christmas Lights in Dyker Heights are the most beautiful in the world.