The Brooklyn Bridge is more than an architectural marvel. It’s an iconic landmark, symbol of new beginnings and the subject of art, film and literature. Being such an extraordinary bridge means a lot of people have said a lot of things about her. Check out some of the most clever, cute and funny quotes about The Brooklyn Bridge.
1. I once started out to walk around the world but ended up in Brooklyn, that Bridge was too much for me. – Lawrence Ferlinghetti
2. When Charles first saw our child Mary, he said all the proper things for a new father. He looked upon the poor little red thing and blurted, “She’s more beautiful than the Brooklyn Bridge.” – Helen Hayes
3. I would rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it. – Will Rogers
4. George Washington Bridge? You throw yourself off the Brooklyn Bridge, traditionally. George Washington Bridge, who does that? – John Goodman
5. Everyone should walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. I did it three days in a row because it was one of the most exhilarating experiences I’ve ever had. The view is breathtaking. – Seann William Scott
6. Scientists are people who build the Brooklyn Bridge and then buy it. – William F. Buckley, Jr.
7. It was reported this week that a man who was proposing to his girlfriend on the Brooklyn bridge dropped the ring, causing it to fall to the road below. The story has a happy ending though…the man didn’t have to get engaged. – Seth Meyers
One of the things we hear most often about the Brooklyn Bridge is how exciting it is to take that perfect photo with her. Our tour guests love being able to share their Brooklyn Bridge photos and selfies with their friends and family on social media, which is why we take you to the location for a photo with the bridge ob our Pizza Tour (see our top photo). See upcoming tour dates and get your photo underneath the Brooklyn Bridge too!